Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE SENDING IN YOUR
- Special requests and requirements will be taken into consideration, but we cannot guarantee, for example, special dietary requests.
Please let us know – at time of booking – of your special needs.
- It is expected that you will arrive and leave with only one suitcase and one carry-on bag. If you bring a second large piece of
luggage, or accumulate several items to be loaded on and off our coach bus, please consider an additional tip for the driver who may be
loading and off-loading your items. Additional costs incurred as a result of extra luggage with United Airlines will be at your own expense.
- All payments received by us will be deposited. It is a condition of our confirmation of your booking and acceptance of your
deposit and payments made for this tour, that all monies paid by you to us for this tour may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit.
With respect to the services provided or the fees payable under this tour, your deposit or payment shall be deemed to be a direction to
disburse such monies as aforesaid.
- If you must cancel, you must do so in writing. An e-mail will be accepted if followed up with a telephone call.
- If a cancellation results in a room going from double to single, the person remaining in the room bears responsibility for paying
the single rate upcharge.
- You agree to permit our tour leaders, organizers, and/or representatives photograph or video you while on tour for the purpose of
promotional images that may appear on brochures, in advertising, or on a website promoting our tours. We will not be required to obtain
any further consent, and you will not receive payment for such photographs or videos.
- Children under the age of 12 are not eligible for this tour. Children age 18 and younger must be accompanied by an adult on
- India is a physically challenging place to visit. We will be walking through crowded markets, up and down steps, climbing
onto an elephant, awakening at dawn, experiencing firecrackers and fireworks, and walking some more! This tour welcomes all people,
but is especially intended for those who can keep up with the physical and mental demands of a location that is constantly stimulating
the senses, and is different from any European or American experience. We may experience street dust, mud, charcoal smoke in the air, and
impurities in the tap water. Please consider your tolerance for an experience unlike any in the United States before you submit your deposit.
- It IS possible to visit India without getting intestinal upset – also called Delhi-Belly. You must be diligent about NOT
drinking even a drop of tap water, avoiding salad or other raw foods, peeling all fruit, and refraining from “street food”. If you have a weak digestive
system, speak with your doctor about measures you may take while in India to reduce ailment. Be conservative about what you eat.
- Delhi, especially, can be very smoky at night, due to hundreds of small wood and charcoal fires on the streets around the city.
This is only at night - The daytime clears up. If you have respiratory weakness (such as asthma), please consider how you
will manage your condition where the air can carry quite a lot of particulate matter. You must come prepared with required medications.
Diwali night will be very festive, but will also have many firecrackers and fireworks all around us. We can retreat to the indoors, but
you must understand the challenge.